Eating plenty of protein doesn’t have to be difficult. Many people resort to eating dry, bland chicken breasts at every meal or drinking protein shakes all day long. It doesn't have to be this way! Instead of getting up early to cook your eggs every morning, you could add one of our Mixed Berry Whey Protein Muffins to your meal prep and have them ready to go every morning. Our recipe is healthy, loaded with protein, and simple to make.
Mixed Berry Whey Protein Muffins
- 1 scoop of Insane Labz Vanilla Whey Protein
- ½ cup of olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup of natural applesauce
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups of whole wheat flour or you can substitute an alternative type of flour
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ⅔ a cup of mixed berries or ⅔ a cup of blueberries or strawberries
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
- Line your muffin pan with muffin cups. Spray the inside of your muffin cups with nonstick-cooking spray
- Mix your wet ingredients (olive oil, eggs, and applesauce) in one bowl
- Mix your dry ingredients (Whey Protein, brown sugar, cinnamon, flour, baking soda, and baking powder) in another bowl.
- Combine both bowls into one bowl and mix in your berries.
- Pour the mixture into the muffin cups. Bake immediately.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the muffin tops begin to brown. Stick a toothpick into the muffin to see if it is done. If it doesn’t have batter on it and is clean, your muffins are done.
Each batch of muffins should give you about 38 grams of protein. Refrigerate after cooling, and store in an airtight container for 3-5 days.